Sunday, September 24, 2017

Reaching the Unreached

January 19, 2012 by  
Filed under HGIM, Monthly Articles

 

My head is spinning as I write this. I couldn’t sleep last night just thinking about how HGIM can do more to reach the unreached — those without a viable Christian movement in their community. Seems odd? Not so much when you think of some staggering facts:

  • About 90% of all missionaries work among people who have already heard the message of Jesus Christ, leaving 10% reaching into areas where there is no Christian movement.
  • There are more than 8,000 people groups who are still unreached, who do not have a viable church making disciples in their group.
  • There are approximately 1.47 billion Muslims who make up the largest segment of non-Christians today; of that, approximately 1.26 billion are considered “unreached people” living in groups/communities without a church.

While I could go on and on with numbers, this should be enough to keep every believer awake at night, seeking the Lord as to how he/she can use their gifts and talents to make an impact in this generation.

Sadly, there are striking imbalances when you begin to study the heart of the Father toward these men, women and children who are essentially forgotten by the Church at large. For instance:

  • Out of every $100 given in the average church’s offerings, $94 goes toward the needs of the local congregation. That leaves $6 to finance mission work throughout the world. Of that $6, only 12 cents is allocated to reaching unreached people groups with the Gospel.

Jesus said we are the light of the world. Yet, there are still many areas in the world without light and living in darkness. As an “international” ministry, HGIM needs to do more to bring the light and life of Jesus Christ into people groups where there is no light. It is not only our desire to do more, it is a mandate from Heaven which we take very seriously, one we cannot ignore!

Through the leadership team in India, Heart of God India has made advances into unreached villages in some remote areas of India, taking the Gospel into unreached peoples and building congregations of believers who are being discipled and trained to be carriers of the light and life of Jesus Christ to others in nearby villages.

But, we can’t stop there! We can do so much more … not only “can” we, but we MUST!

Heart of God East Africa is in the initial phases of planning to take a team into an area that has not yet heard the message of salvation through Jesus Christ. Please pray for Denise Matthews (Executive Director of Heart of God East Africa) and for the team God is forming for this outreach. Pray that this sparks a new dimension of ministry, not only in East Africa and India, but in other parts of the world where the need is so obviously great, where the people live in darkness and the Name of Jesus must be proclaimed.

This is serious business, brothers and sisters! Jesus left this earth with one thing on His mind — He wanted the work He began to be completed. It’s up to us to pick up where He left off, spreading the message of redemption by His blood and salvation through Him and Him alone!

What will you do to make a difference? How will you fulfill the mandate? Will 2012 be any different in your response to the Great Commission?

 

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

__________________

Statistics from “Perspectives On the World Christian Movement

Click Here

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 393,495 bad guys.